How To Add Password To A Compressed Winzip File

I really like storing files in the internet. Personally, i use google docs to store images, spreadsheets and videos. My only worry about storing files in the internet is its vulnerability to hacker attacks or it might get in the hands of the wrong person.

To reduce the risk of getting your files opened by unauthorized individuals, I searched for tips on how to add passwords to your compressed winzip file. Here is my step by step tutorial.

Let us first create a zipped file in windows xp.

1. Choose a file that you want to zip and then right click it.

2. Choose send to compressed file.


3. Give your compressed file a name.

After you have created a zipped file, let us proceed to adding a password.

1. Double click your compressed zip file. This will open a new window.

2. On the  newly opened window, highlight the file that needs a password.

3. On the upper left hand corner of the window, choose File, Add Password

4. Type your preferred password, confirm it and then click OK.

You have successfully made a password for your file! Now you have an added security whenever you try to upload it on the Web.

Kindly post a comment if you have questions and I will try my best to answer it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Follow me! ! By Soldier00078